Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Xander!

If you had told me a year ago that I would feel a tinge of sadness on Xander's 1st birthday I would have told you, "No way!" Delivering a baby, no sleep, and a drastic change to my daily life seemed endless a year ago. However, he sleeps through the night now and my day-to-day life as a semi-stay at home mom seem to fit more comfortably. What can I say, my baby is growing up and it is going by too fast.

Xander 1st bithday was an interesting one. His birthday fell on Tuesday, which is my day to work, so that made me a little sad and then we found out a little while ago that Jason would be out of town (leaving Xander's birthday morning). So, Xander's birthday party with cake and such is on Friday. But this is how his actual birthday went...
1. Mom takes picture of Xander first thing in the morning! Happy Birthday!

2. We snapped a quick family picture before Jason left for Cleveland and I left for work.

3. Jason's mom (who watches him Tues.) brought him to my class for lunch/recess. I brought in Popsicles for my big kids (kindergartens). The kids were so good with him and he loved walking around the room. We took a serious picture before this one, but this one fits them better.

4. I came home from work and Xander and I went to swim class at the Kettering Rec. He loves it by the way!
5. Grandpa and Grandma Edem took Xander and I out to dinner. They brought him a bowl with a lot of whip cream!

What happens when you take it away!


It was a great day!

1 comment:

Gwen Ernst said...

Happy Birthday, Xander!

Alia, I enjoyed how you started out this post. There have been many an occasion where I felt a way or did something I never would have thought. I wish I could tell you that each birthday got easier, but my 1st baby is 7 now and it has flown by so, so fast. I know you hear this often, just as I do, but enjoy these young years with Xander! "The handprints on the wall will get higher and higher and one day, they will disappear." That is a quote I like to remind myself when I'm tired and have a clinging child attatched to me. =)