Sunday, June 7, 2009

Crazy Times

Hum...where to begin. Around the beginning of May I posted our condo for sale or rent on Craigslist. Within 2 weeks I had shown the condo to 7 people and on Mother's Day we finalized with our renters. They are a couple in their late twenties. He is in the Air Force and starting his medical resisdency at Children's and the base hospital. The only catch....they had to move in June 5th! So, I looked at the calender I formulated a plan for packing around me working 2 days a week and Jason still working on the new house. A family friend owns a storage unit place and is letting us rent a large unit at a great rate. We will be living with Jason's parents until our house is done. Not only did we have to move out, but had to so some minor home repairs, patch holes, tough up paint, clean carpets, ect.. So we moved out a little over a week ago and Chuck and Lauren moved in this past Friday. It has seemed like an organized whirlwind of a few weeks.


Xander enjoyed playing in the cleaned out kitchen cabinets. Xander was a very helpful packer (and unpacker... he must have been practicing for later.)

Xander helping out putting the last few things into our storage unit.

I have to say too that I am going to miss our 1355 square ft condo! We lived there almost 7 years and it was home. It is the home we brought Xander home too. After I cleaned the condo to get it ready for showing it I took our video camera around to each room and I am glad I did.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I am so glad things have worked out well for your darling family! Xander is an absolute doll! The video of your condo will be priceless - especially in the years to come. Great idea!!!