Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Memorial Day

I have to back track to Memorial Day weekend. Erin's big sister surprised her with a plane ticket to Ohio for the weekend! Yeah, I had not seen her since October and even though we talk several times a week on the phone it was nice to spend time with her in person for a couple days. Erin and I meet during Getting Started (freshman orientation) at Cedarville. She was a kindred spirit from the beginning.

I picked her up from the airport Friday and we headed straight to Chick-Fil-A for lunch. Since there are no Chick-Fil-As in New Hampshire we had to squeeze in eating there Friday and Saturday. We went to the mall and shopped. Then on Friday night we went to Longhorn with most of the Edem bunch. Saturday Erin helped me pack...I know she a great friend! We also made several trips to Lowes with Jason and I ran some ideas for stuff for the new house by her. Then we headed to the Greene for pedicures and dinner at Panera with Andrea and Cathy some great friends from work. (After Cedarville Erin and I both taught at Pathway together until she moved back home last August.)
Sunday we hung out watching T.V., talking, and reading magazines. Then we walked around Target just for fun. Then Monday morning Xander and I drove her to Columbus so she could spend Monday and part of Tuesday with her cousin Kim and her girls before flying back to New Hampshire.

1 comment:

Erin said...

Yippee!! I made it onto the blog! Now I feel cool. I miss you and can't wait to hang out again! Oh- and I love that we are "kindred spirits"... so Anne of Green Gables of us! :)