Monday, July 25, 2011

Heat Wave

It was beyond hot here this week. Everyday the temperatures were in the 90's and the heat index was well into the 100's! Yuck! We tried to make the best of our week. 
On Monday I noticed that Lily's very first tooth had just popped through (bottom left middle if you are looking at her). She's a little over 6 months old, so she is getting teeth before Xander did. Every reminder that Lily is getting bigger is so bittersweet. She was just as happy as ever, so I think the teeth working their way up through the gums bothered her more. I think she will have her second tooth coming up soon. 

We also headed to the library. Xander is halfway done with the summer reading program. Isn't it nice that the paper is upside down. He got his sheet stamped and a Greene County Library sippy cup. :) He likes it, so that is all that really matters. Oh, he got to pick a little toy from a prize box. 

My mom was able to stop by this week. Luckily for her we were making chocolate covered strawberries and bananas. My friend Mary recommend this awesome melting chocolate from Krogers. It was so good! 
I had to throw this one in there because Lily is nawing on everything! If she doesn't have anything in her hands she will stick out her tongue and chew on it. 
On Wednesday Mary and Christina (along with all the children) came over for a play date. The kids had fun playing in the pool, water table, and sprinkler. I also bought these squirt bottles from IKEA for 99 cents and the kids had a great time squirting each other. Lily even splashed in the water table. It was so hot that by lunch time we all came in. 


My parents were also able to make it to see one of Xander's last t-ball games for the year. It was over 100 degrees with the heat index. I thought sure they might cancel the game, but they didn't. Xander was a trooper and he played well. My dad even took us for pizza afterwards. 


Friday night we had the Comers over for dinner. The boys had fun (as always). Lily is now 6 months old and Amelia just turned 3 months. It is the only time in their lives where Lily will be twice her age. 
Like I said earlier, Lily will put anything into her mouth. She even tried to eat Amelia's head. 

So cute, right? Even though Lily looks spooked she was actually trying to reach for his head. 

1 comment:

Erin said...

I didn't think it was possible for Lily to get any cuter, but I was wrong! Xander's hair is so blond! I can't believe his is old enough to play sports! Miss you!