Saturday, July 16, 2011

Xander Meets the Dentist

Xander went to the dentist for the first time shortly after his 3rd birthday. I prepared him as much as I could. I had a teeth cleaning the week before his appointment and I took him with so he could watch. Dee, my hygienist, was so good and showed him the tools and talked him while she worked on my teeth. He even got to meet Miss Leah, his hygienist, for next week too.  I still wasn't sure if he was going to want them to use any noise making tools in his mouth. I love everyone at our dentist office and they told me that unless I had concerns they never pushed kids to do anything at their first visit.   He was a champ though. It was one of those moments where he was so mature about everything and I was just so proud. (I am going to let all the nice people at the dentist think he is that way all the time.) 

 Listening to Miss Leah explain what is going to happen,

 Miss Leah counting his teeth. He even let her clean and polish them with the electric brush. 
 Look at those sparkling teeth! 
 Dr. Holzinger coming in for the final check. 
 All done and looking great! 
Thank you Dr. Holzinger's and Dr. Seller's office for a wonderful first trip to the dentist. A big thank you to the wonderful hygienist, Miss Leah. If you decide to quit this job you would make a great preschool teacher! 

No comments: