Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Water Lily, Small Miracles, and the Weekend

I love the weekends! It means that Jason is home from work and we can actually get stuff done. I love getting stuff done!

Friday night we went out to eat with Jason's parents and then went to their house for some swimming and a campfire. It was Lily's first time in the pool and she loved it! I wasn't sure if she would since the water was chillier than a bath tub. She loved to pat and splash the water. Xander would even put his head down near her so she could splash him.



 Jason's parents recently took one end of their raised bed planters and turned it into a sandbox for Xander. Xander could dig in dirt all day long. He loves this articulated dump truck. 
 Gramps adding some more new sand. 

 I love campfires. I had two s'mores. I could have eaten at least 5, so I consider 2 using self-control. 
 Saturday a small, but glorious miracle occurred in the Edem household. Lily woke up at 7:00. I nursed her and she actually went right back to sleep, so I did too. Xander came into our room at 8:30 and snuggled with me and he went back to sleep. He woke up again at nine, but I turned on Thomas on PBS and he watched that in our bed and when it was over went to his room and read books. Jason and I both got to stay in bed until 9:50 when Lily woke up. Even though it wasn't the best sleep ever (for me at least, Jason was sound asleep the whole time), it was so nice to be able to just lay there. I can't even tell you the last time this happened. Although the rest was needed, it also made me feel behind schedule when we finally got up and got going.
Saturday afternoon we all headed to Menards "to save big money". Jason was all excited it was Lily's first time there, so I took a picture. We got some shelves for the garage and two more pieces of Easy Tracks to hang stuff on the wall. Jason was able to put it all up.




  Jason also assembled a small table I bought at IKEA last weekend for our guest bedroom. Now Erin has a place to put her phone and chargers when she comes to stay with us! 


Sunday night we headed to the Schuler's for a cook-out. The older kids had fun playing pretend in the basement. They were pretending to be firefighters.  Brinley also loves to play with the babies of the bunch. She does such a great job. I am pretty sure she is one of Lily's favorites. 
 Amelia is tall her for age and Lily is on the shorter end, so they are about the same height! 

1 comment:

Erin said...

Woohooo...I made the blog! I love "my" bedside table- it's the same one I have! Lily looks so much like Xander in the pic at Tim and Vicki's. And I've gotta know, would you have had any clue that that was an articulated dump truck three years ago? Ha!