Friday, November 9, 2012

Operation Christmas Child

I LOVE Operation Christmas Child. I have packed a shoebox just about every year since high school. I love that it is a tradition for my children and I. Samaritans Purse has done a great job creating a way to help children across the world in such an easy way for us here. I often feel like the two boxes we pack each year are so insignificant to the hundreds some pack. This year though I really wanted to make sure that the two boxes (actually 4 because Xander did two at church this year) were more quality items. I prayed before the kids and I went out shopping and as I was at the store that the Lord would lead me to those items that a specific child needed/wanted no matter what the cost. I can say I definitely felt the spirit lead me to grab a couple of items. The kids and I are praying at breakfast lunch for the boys and girl that will receive our boxes that they will feel special and get to hear about Jesus.

While packing the boxes Lily found I had bought a Hello Kitty something for her box. She opened it and I took it away. I was trying to tell her it was alright and Xander jumped in with, "Lily those are for kids who need toys." There were also several times out shopping that I had to remind Xander that we were not shopping for yourselves though. He gets it this year. They watch a video at church showing children receiving their boxes and how they live. It made an impact on him.






No comments: