Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pumpkin Carving ~ October 25th

There are just so many fun things to going on in Fall. We decided to take advantage of some unseasonably warm weather for the end of October to carve our pumpkins. The kids were wearing shorts! You have to love Ohio weather. My mom came over again this year to help Xander. She is so patient with him and his willing to try all his ideas. 
 This year Xander impressed me with actually helping clean out his pumpkin. Last year he didn't want to touch the inside, but this year he jumped right in...gotta love four year olds. He wanted a "silly pumpkin" this year. 
 Lily loved cleaning out her pumpkin this year as much as last year. We put all our seeds into a bag for Grandpa (Edem) to plant in his garden just like last year. 


 I love this picture of Lily and my mom. See Lily's hand on her arm? My mom was drawing on the face and Lily was telling her about the eyes, nose, and mouth. 
 Here is Dadoo with Lily's pumpkin. I think the "easy to do template" of a cat took Jason longer than her had originally thought. Lily loves Hello Kitty lately and was equally thrilled with her cat pumpkin. 
 Xander using the safe pumpkin carving knife. 

 Xander and his silly pumpkin 

 Shortly after this picture Lily ripped the cat out of the center of the pumpkin to which Jason said, "It took me longer to carve then it lasted." You gotta love kids. It was good. We just propped it up back in the middle. 
 Yes, this is the best picture we got. 
 The kids and "Grandma who likes to play with me". On a side note her hair has really starting to grow back in after the chemo. It is actually even thicker than it was before. I remember how last year when we carved pumpkins it was the same day she got her wing and cut off the rest of her hair. I am so happy we are where we are this year.  I pray every night for the cancer to stay away. I am also so grateful for these times with her and my kids. They love her a lot. 

2 comments:

heidimiller said...

Love the pics! I think of your mom often...and when I do I always pray. So nice to see a pic of her with your kiddos...she is looking great. I love that last picture of her with the kids...I love Lily's expression and her "pose" you can just tell that she totally loves her grandma.

Edem Up said...

Thanks Heidi :)